Gullane Junior Golf - Home of the US Kids European Championships - No 1 for Junior Golf !

East Lothian Junior League and Strokeplay Champions 2009 & Junior League Champions 2012, Scottish Girls Champion 2010, Scottish Amateur 2010, Home of the US Kids European Championship, British Girls Home Internationals and Amateur Champiopnship 2011, Developing Talent & Growing the Game, clubgolf for 7 years, Babe Zaharias & Honor Bright Trophies at Gullane Primary School, Scottish Girl Internationalists, Boys U16 Internationalists, Boys U18 Internationalist,141 Junior Members, St Andrews Boys Open Winner 2011, Scottish Schoolgirls Champion 2012

Tuesday 31 May 2011

GULLANE MAN QUALIFIES FOR US OPEN !!


FROM THE USGA WEBSITE 

STEPHEN GALLACHER QUALIFIES FOR THE US OPEN AT WALTON HEATH 




Stephen has been granted playing rights at Gullane in order to keep his game in trim using our excellent facilities, particularly our greens,  and when time permits will mentor some of our Juniors  - well done our man !! Pictured  with Brodie Good earlier this year.













Compiled by European PGA Tour
Nicolas Colsaerts led 11 qualifiers for the U.S. Open Championship after a dominant display at Walton Heath Golf Club, Surrey yesterday.
The big-hitting Belgian continued his fine form with a nine under par aggregate total to book his place in the field for the second major championship of the season at Congressional Country Club from June 16-19.
Colsaerts will be joined at the Bethesda, Maryland venue by Maarten Lafeber, Shane Lowry (who finished joint second), Thomas Levet (fourth), David Howell, Robert Rock (tied fifth), Robert Dinwiddie, Marcel Siem, Alexander Noren, Stephen Gallacher (tied sixth) and Johan Edfors, who took the 11th and final berth after a sudden-death play-off with Denmark's Andreas Hartø.
Colsaerts' appearance at the U.S. Open Championship will be his first in a major championship in America, and the 28-year-old is understandably relishing the prospect.
"I remember Ernie [Els] winning at Congressional in 1997, so I can't wait to get out there and experience it for myself," said Colsaerts." I think it's the sort of course which will suit my game, so hopefully I can play well and enjoy it. I'll probably have to work hard on my short game in the build-up, but I'm excited about it already. I came here with high hopes and did the hard part this morning with my round of 64, so this afternoon I was just able to go out there and enjoy it."
Lafeber's day was almost the polar opposite of Colsaerts, after a morning round of 73 over the Old Course left the Dutchman with the proverbial mountain to climb to ensure qualification.
But he rose to the task magnificently, shooting a scintillating round of 63 over the New Course in fast-fading light to surge through the pack and book his third trip to the U.S. Open.
"I felt like walking off the course after the seventh hole, because I was level par for the day and one over par overall," said Lafeber. "But then I made eagle and followed it up with a birdie, and all of a sudden I got a little bit more interested. Then when I made two more birdies I got very excited, and to finish with three more from the 16th was an incredible feeling."
Lowry was equally ecstatic after rounds of 69 in the morning and 67 in the afternoon secured him a first visit to the U.S. Open.
"It feels great to qualify - I've never played the U.S. Open before, so I can't wait to get out there," said Lowry. "I've been playing well for a while now and obviously came off a great result at the BMW PGA Championship, so I fancied my chances of qualifying. But it's all very well fancying your chances, it's quite another to go out there and do it, so I'm absolutely delighted."
Among the men who failed were Colin Montgomerie, Scott Jamieson and Richie Ramsay although the Aberdonian is second reserve, having been deprived of a play-off place to which he was entitled.

QUALIFYING SCORES

WALTON HEATH G.C. (Old and New Courses)
Nicolas Colsaerts--Belgium 64-71--135
Shane Lowry--Ireland 69-67--136
Maarten Lafeber--The Netherlands 73-63--136
Thomas Levet--France 66-71--137
Robert Rock--England 70-68--138
David Howell--England 72-66--138
Stephen Gallacher--Scotland 70-69--139
Alexander Noren--Sweden 67-72--139
Marcel Siem-Germany 67-72--139
Robert Dinwiddie--England 69-70--139
Johan Edfors--Sweden 70-70--140
Failed To Qualify
(Alternate 1) -Andreas Harto--Denmark 70-70--140
(Alternate 2) -Richie Ramsay--Scotland 71-69--140

TO VIEW ALL THE SCORES AT WALTON HEATH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.